• It weighs less than half the original Model 1.
• The brackets are mounted from the outside so they can easily be adjusted for a perfect fit to the stock Catrike arms.
• It comes with two different density, easily removable, memory foam pads so you can choose the one that's perfect for you.
• While it is the same width, has the same curve shape and retains the 2" thick memory foam fill, the new Model 1 is .75" less tall. This should insure the most comfortable fit for people with all different length necks without crowding the bottom of your helmet.
• The base is now made from strong, light weight vacuum-formed and textured ABS.
The pictures below are all of Gen1 Model 1's to illustrate how the Model 1 attaches to the existing Catrike hardware. The Gen2 brackets are smaller and lighter without sacrificing any strength.
We no longer make any of the Gen 1 models. If you have a Gen 1 Model 1 and have decided you'd really prefer a full kit instead of continuing to use the stock Catrike hardware, probably the wisest thing to do is bite the bullet and upgrade to a new Gen2 Model 2.
However, a few years ago one of our customers came up with somewhat of a work-around for converting a Gen1 Model 1 to a semblance of a Model 2 kit. I offer this information only to those who are looking for a project...with absolutely no guarantee you'll be satisfied with the result. Enough of a disclaimer? Okay...here it is.
David and his buddy are ready
to ride. Look closely and you
can see his Model 1 CURVE and
side mount kits.