The Model 3 will fit ICE, Greenspeed, Steintrike, HP, Trident trikes and others. Ask for more information.
Model 3 kit for
Model 3 on an Outrider...electrozzzzoooooommmm
The Model 3 is designed for applications where there's little room between the upper seat brace tube and the rear rack and/or the rear wheel, especially when the seat back is reclined.
• It's a slider. The "T" tower slides into the base.
• The base clamps directly to the horizontal seat brace tube using a pair of custom TerraCycle clamps instead of a mountain bike stem.
• It's lighter.
• Vertical adjustment can be done quickly using the Quick Release collar clamp. No tools needed.
• For folding when transporting, or when you just want to remove the neck rest and tower to keep them dry or warm, simply loosen the quick release clamp. The base remains clamped to your seat brace tube.
• Same great CURVE neck rest with 2" thick interchangeable memory foam pads.
• Similar multi-directional adjustability.
• Same perfect locations for mounting tail lights.
• Like the Model 2, it's rock-solid.
Because the location of the horizontal seat brace tube is different on different trike brands the height of the base and "T" tower vary according to the trike model.
Model 3 kits can be fit to:
• HP Velotechnik
Other trike makes like KMX and Outrider can be fitted with a Model 3 kit depending upon the height of the rider. If you're unsure ask us.
The Model 3 is NOT designed for Catrikes. The Catrike seat doesn't have a horizontal seat brace tube, and so a neck rest kit must mount on the top of the seat frame tube. Because of the height of the seatback frame the base tube of Model 3 won't allow for very much vertical adjustment, if any. It would work on a Catrike only if the rider was about 6'6" or more. As a result the Model 2 is a perfect match for all model Catrikes.
Model 3 on an Outrider